Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – UG HME Maintenance.
Number of Positions: One (1)
To help successful delivery of the planned maintenance regime, fulfilling its statutory obligations, whilst also providing a breakdown reactive response harmonizing both customer and organizational requirements.
- Diploma/ Full Technician in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Must have a Valid Tanzania driving license with class D or above.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- At least 3 – 4 years working experience as Auto Electrician n SANDVICK drilling rigs (Jumbo & Solo), SANDVIK trucks TH663I and Loader LH621I, CAT Loader and Trucks (R2900G & AD55, AD60) and other UG equipment’s.
- MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Works well with all stakeholders, co-operating and coordinating works to ensure that all equipment is optimized and running efficiently.
- Responds promptly to all breakdowns, ensuring that equipment is returned effectively to production, whilst causing minimum disruption to its continuity and without compromising product quality or safety.
- Carries out planned maintenance activities in line with maintenance schedules and helps to develop and maintain schedules in line with requirements.
- Ensures that all equipment processes are fully compliant with organizational and legislative health and safety requirements.
- The post holder will be competent to carry out small to medium sized mechanically biased project works’ machine rebuild.
- Previous experience in UG equipment Operational maintenance background desirable.
- The above duties are not exhaustive, and the Company may require you, from time to time and in exceptional circumstances, to carry out further ad hoc duties within your capability and capacity.
- All job descriptions are subject to regular review and the Company reserves the right to make any reasonable adjustments to this job description as required.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Auto electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge of diagnostics tools for vehicle electrical and electronics.
- Ability to read electrical and electronic schematics and circuit diagrams.
- Ability to carry out/repair electrical wiring in a range of vehicles.
- Strong manual skills and precision when carrying out repair and testing.
- Organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
- MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY NOW button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Specialist 1 – UG Auto Electrical’’.
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 08th December 2023 at 5:30 Pm.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Also Read :