IRC – International Rescue Committee (IRC) Jobs, Employment 20023
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) stands at the forefront of responding to the world’s most dire humanitarian crises, offering vital assistance to those forced to flee from conflict or disaster. Founded in 1933 at the behest of Albert Einstein, the IRC has been a beacon of hope for countless refugees, providing not just lifesaving care but also transformative aid to help individuals rebuild their lives. Operating in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, the organization is dedicated to restoring safety, dignity, and hope for millions who find themselves uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC’s mission is to lead individuals from harm to home, embodying a commitment to human welfare and global solidarity.
Tanzania, for over half a century, has served as a crucial country of asylum, hosting one of the largest refugee populations in Africa. Presently, approximately 287,903 Burundian and Congolese refugees call Tanzania home, with many arriving in 2015 amid the escalating crisis in Burundi. Despite the challenges, refugees coexist with local communities in the Kigoma region, expressing diverse needs and reasons for displacement. In this complex context, the IRC plays a vital role by providing protection and essential assistance in the realms of safety, health, and education. These efforts encompass Protection and Rule of Law, Women Protection and Empowerment, Child Protection, mental health and psychosocial support services, reproductive health, and educational initiatives, reflecting the IRC’s unwavering commitment to supporting and uplifting communities in need.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance; International Development or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience, preferably with an INGO.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience with organizational information and financial systems. Prior knowledge of the INTEGRA system is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret financial data, understand and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, and coordinators.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Proven track record to work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
Language: English and Swahili.
Working Environment: Security level yellow – The situation in most of the country is calm. Some parts of Kigoma region experience insecurity-highway banditry. The position works primarily in an office setting but will regularly be required to travel to field locations and occasionally to overseas events.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Warning! Please be warned of various scams, being circulated via e-mails, from Internet websites, and via regular mail or fax, falsely being issued by or associated with the IRC. Beware that The IRC does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training, or any other fee). IRC does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked for any payment, please contact TZ-Recruitement@Rescue.Org
Also Read :