Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. This means that all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to factors such as race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic. Additionally, individuals with disabilities who meet the qualifications for the position will also be given equal consideration.
Heifer International is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where individuals from various backgrounds and experiences can contribute to the organization’s mission. The organization values the unique perspectives and strengths that each person brings to the team.
If you have the required qualifications and skills, Heifer International encourages you to apply, irrespective of your background or characteristics protected by law. The organization is dedicated to ensuring fairness and equal opportunities for all candidates throughout the employment process.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Logistics and Vehicle management (50%)
- Provide the supervisor with a monthly report stating the comprehensive vehicle conditions.
- D rive vehicles to designated and authorized destinations.
- Follow all safety rules, and ensure that all passengers follow them strictly e.g. but not limited to: all passengers to wear seat belts; passengers not to distract the driver while driving (use of mobile phone or other activities prohibited while driving), etc.
- Observe strictly the Heifer International rules and regulations as provided for in the policies.
- Manage vehicle fuel card reports and receipts, ensuring prompt reimbursement of the card.
- Vehicle maintenance (30%)
- Perform daily and routine preventive maintenance schedules of the vehicle including but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights, and tyre condition to increase efficiency of the vehicle.
- Report any detected defects in the vehicle and any accidents and incidents promptly.
- Direct and supervise the mechanic on necessary checks and repairs.
- Ensure the vehicle is always clean and in good conditions as well as ensuring that the necessary maintenance is done as scheduled.
- Vehicle documentation (15%)
- Record the vehicle daily usage/trips, maintaining the mileage books and ensuring the safety of the vehicle and its contents.
- Prepare vehicles’ mileage reports monthly and inform supervisor on any concerns noted.
- Monitor the expiry and renewal of his driving license, as well as the vehicle insurance and license without causing any inconvenience to the organization schedule.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Secondary education with an ordinary level certificate plus three (3) years’ relevant experience in a non-profit/developmental organization setting.
- Possession of a valid commercial driver’s license
- Two (2) years’ hands-on related experience in a comparable position.
- Certificate in defensive driving from a sanctioned driving institute.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Strong communication skills both in English and Swahili language – oral and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of roads and routes.
- Strong adherence to the motor vehicle usage policy, as well as local and national traffic laws always.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of simple clerical work – photocopy, filing, documents scanning etc.
Essential Job Functions And Physical Demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals diplomatically and tactfully.
- Must be courteous, honest and of high integrity, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Self-starter and self-motivator with the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Must be a team player and can execute and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and independently complete assigned tasks (written or verbal).
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include early mornings, weekends, and some evenings.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (23 kilograms) floor to waist as required.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with minimal supervision.
Also Read :