THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
The Ministry of Health (MOH) through Global Fund (GF) Grants is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under a three years (1st January, 2024 to 31st December, 2026) contractual agreement to fill the following 123 vacant positions:
Job Title: Procurement Officer (1 Position)
Reporting To: RSSH Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain adequate policies and procedures in place to guide activities and ensure timely and smooth procurement, value for money and accountability.
- Prepared and update the Grant Procurement Plans during grant making and ensure any changes in the reprogramming of grant budget are also reflected in the procurement plans.
- Maintain procedures to ensure that the Goods/Services delivered are of an acceptable quality before payment is made or if prepayments are made that the goods/services are delivered to an acceptable quality.
- Maintain procedures to ensure that procurements of goods/services are in line with the budget and that sufficient attention to appropriateness and cost effectiveness has been considered before payments are made.
- Ensure that all procurement process are documented and supporting documents are retained according to GoT standards and safe procedures for carrying out regular back-ups are maintained.
- Maintain satisfactory procedures to ensure that procurement through grant funds can be distinguished from other funds and accounted for separately.
- Prepare Grant Asset register as per GoT requirement and as per Global fund regulation and ensure regular update.
- Ensure that there is a Maintenance register for all Global fund procured Motor vehicles and other grant equipment’s.
- Support all Global fund, LFA, CAG, IAG and Internal Auditors Grant assurance plan for internal Sub recipients.
- Prepared Grant contract register and ensure each contract ledger is updated and ensure contract management to all implementers.
- Ensure all procurement under the grant are done in compliance to all global fund procedures, Government regulation and according to approved budget and its related assumptions.
xii. Any other duties as requested by the RSSH Coordinator.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or Advance Diploma in Procurement, Accounting, Business Administration/ Management or similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer or in a similar position.
- Demonstrated skills in information systems and advanced Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in Logistics/Supplies and Procurement Management of Public Health commodities/goods is desirable.
- Excellent Communication Skills are important.
- Age limit: 50 years
Terms of Employment: 3 years Contract (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds)
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and Applicants must attach an up-todate Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Full Registration & Valid License
- Internship Certificate
- Birth certificate.
- National ID.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
- If your names in your academic certificates are different from Birth Certificate and National ID you are required to have (Deed Pool from The Registrar of Oath at the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
How to Apply:
NB: All application should be submitted to Ministry of Health Recruitment Portal ajira.moh.go.tz. Closing date will be two (2) weeks from this advertisement. Only successful candidates will be contacted and all interview costs will be borne by the applicants.
All applicants are reminded to comply with the application guidelines when filling the required information.
Ministry of Health
P.O BOX 743
Aso Read :