ABOUT TANZANIA AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK (TADB)
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a government development finance institution operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning. TADB is registered under the Companies Act, of 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No. 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, of 2012.
The Bank operates as a Development Finance Institution in line with its Business License No. 002 issued by the Bank of Tanzania on 4th August 2015.
TADB was established to facilitate the attainment of two broad goals which are:
- Contribute to the achievement of sustainable food self-sufficiency and food security.
- Transformation of agriculture from subsistence to commercial in order to effectively and sustainably contribute to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To be a champion development finance institution for agricultural transformation in Tanzania.
To contribute to food security and poverty reduction by catalyzing agricultural transformation through innovative financing solutions that develop sustainable and inclusive agricultural value chains.
TADB is looking to fill in the below vacancies:
Intern – Wavuvi Project OPEN POSITIONS –
WORK STATION: MWANZA & MTWARA
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Aquaculture and Fisheries, Agriculture, Business Management, Banking or related fields.
- Experiences in fisheries and aquaculture projects:
- Strong writing skills, particularly short, simple and engaging reports;
- Strong commitment to promoting fisheries development in Tanzania;
- Understanding Development context in Tanzania and TADB’s activities;
- Good command in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as handling web-based applications. [Intern is expected to have own laptop for work];
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Should possess excellent qualitative and quantitative skills;
- Experience in data collection and analysis in the field of social or economic development fields; Fluency in Swahili and English
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through the TADB career portal: https://www.tadb.co.tz/careers/ or send their application through the email: email@example.com
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
- Application letter, showing how you meet the requirements of the position.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the candidate.
- Certified copies of relevant certificates.
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Intern- Resource Mobilization
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The job holder serves as a direct report to the Resource Mobilisation Manager and assumes the pivotal role of mobilising resources to bolster the business operations of Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank. With a primary focus on cultivating and nurturing relationships, she/he is responsible for implementing a strategic plan to establish and effectively manage partnerships with multilateral and bi-lateral institutions, corporate entities, private trusts, and other funders.
This entails leveraging on strategic partnerships to secure essential resources for the Bank’s initiatives.
- To work with the Resource Mobilisation Manager to develop and implement the resource mobilisation strategy in keeping with the bank’s strategic plan.
- To assist in identifying potential funding opportunities and follow up on necessary documentation for fund application
- To assist in maintaining records of partners, develop trackers and track project(s) implementation as per partners’ agreement.
- To assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for mobilization of funds.
- To assist in organizing meetings and follow up on agreed actions from meetings with Government, its departments and agencies and other partners.
- To assist in liaising with relevant divisions, departments and units to follow-up on performance of projects, which operate on, managed funds.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Director of Treasury and funding from time to time. FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to understand and document engagements with bilateral, multilateral funding agencies/institutions.
- Ability to understand banking & finance
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing & speaking
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
- University Graduate in Business Administration, finance, accounting, banking or related discipline.
- Analytical skills
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Computer literate and good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
TADB is an equal opportunity employer. The Bank does not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment.
TADB fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development, and policies and programs that upport a healthy work/life balance. Join our workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on 31st August 2023.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted