The Tanzania Coffee Research Institute (TaCRI), incorporated in 2000 as a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 212), became legally constituted and operational in September 2001 with the major objective of rejuvenating the Tanzania coffee industry to sustainable prosperity, placing new emphasis on stakeholder-led, demand-driven RESEARCH FOR DEVELOPMENT
TaCRI is now seeking to employ dynamic, committed, responsible, and self-motivated people to fill the following vacant posts for a contract of three years renewable based on productivity/performance and continued need
Accounts Assistant (3posts)
Location: Bukoba-Maruku substation, Kigoma-Mwayaya substation and Tarime-Sirari substation
Reports to: Zonal Programme Manager
Roles and responsibilities:
- Collect revenue and issue receipts to various stakeholders
- Prepare payments and ensure arithmetical accuracy, regularity, and propriety of expenditure
- Prepare and check the accuracy and completeness of journal vouchers and other accounting records.
- Ensure proper documentation of expenditure and revenue.
- Post promptly transaction records to the accounting system and ensure balancing of books of accounts
- Control and manage debtors and creditors accounts, issue debtors and creditors analysis, and recommend action.
- Maintain fixed assets register and reconcile it with the general ledger
- Prepare weekly/monthly wages payroll.
- Prepare all statutory deductions and submit them to relevant authorities (NSSF, WHT, SDL, PAYE, WCF).
- Manage staff advances and imprests retirement.
- Maintain batches of paid vouchers before submitting for audit.
- Carry out monthly bank reconciliation of bank accounts operated by the substation.
- Participate in furnishing information for external audits and attend audit gueries.
- Produce and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress reports and mid-year reviews.
- Prepare and submit ad hoc financial reports as may be required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Leardership and team building.
- Computer literacy.
Holder of Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, or finance with bias in Accountancy or equivalent qualifications; Completion of NBAA Professional Intermediate stage will be an added advantage.
Should have at least one (1) year of working experience in a similar field at a reputable organisation
Conditions for application:
- A well-written application letter.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae with three reputable referees’ contacts, email addresses and certified copies of academic certificates.
- All applications must reach the Chief Executive Director through the postal address belowfand not by email).
Chief Executive Director Tanzania Coffee Research Institute,
The deadline for the application is 31st August, 2023.