Specialist: Money Transfer at NBC April, 2023 – NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The job is designed to coordinate, facilitate, and monitor International Money transfer Business (Both inward and outward), addressing customers’ needs, realizing customer experience, and enhancing customer loyalty whilst driving revenue, deposits and strategically positioning the bank both locally and internationally.
- Coordinate, support and monitor money remittance business operations and sales.
- Onboard new remittance partners and sub agents and maintaining the existing partners.
- Drives performance of the business whilst ensuring revenue is generated as per agreed targets.
- Responsible for research and identification of potential money transfers projects for the bank. Review and fully understand project concept, expected performance outcomes and conditions as detailed in the work book.
- Identify potential for business expansion and/or diversification from the existing clients and partners.
- Managing and maintaining good business relationship with local and international partners. This include establishing business relationships with key management figures of the clients to gain access to operational issues and be able to advice appropriately.
- Analyze new product performance and recommend appropriate actions to ensure projected targets as per approved business case is achieved.
- Monitor industry trends in the remittance space including researching competitor practices and pricing.
- Coordinate various marketing initiatives with relation to the product offering in such a way that the bank becomes the most preferred by customers and non-customers.
- Management of Branch users ie. User creation, deletion, amendment
- Monitoring and management of branch transactions i.e., limit amendments, name amendments, change in destination etc.
- Follow up in ensuring adherence to repayment schedules to our partners and timely submission of all documents and periodic reports to central banks (B.O.T).
- Assist in preparing daily, monthly, and quarterly business development reports highlighting efforts made and success attained over the period.
- Ensure all branch transactions are in compliant to the local and overseas regulations.
- Ensure settlements are done daily as per each partner agreement.
- Assist in selling and promoting remittance products/services to both new and existing to achieve the Remittance target.
- Support in onboarding of new IMT partners and sub agents
- Responsible for branches and sub agents training and awareness.
- Support the Bank in ensuring the revenue target is achieved.
- Assist in providing immediate problem resolution processes where there are system issues to eliminate negative customer service impact.
- Assist in coordinating marketing activities with the Marketing team and ensure we get ROI.
Role / Person Specification
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounts, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Remittance Business or related field
- Strong analytical mind and creative thinking ability
- Experience in customer service and relationship management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of running marketing campaigns in banking and financial related setup
- Ability to work in a competitive fast paced environment
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with current industry trends
- Highly motivated individual with strong intrapersonal skills
- Demonstrating multitasking skills
- Team player with ability to work independently and collaboratively
Commercial mindset – Junior (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment, Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Sales Management (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)