Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®
About the role
The Senior Project Manager is an experienced Project Management Professional who oversees and facilitates the progress and completion of different initiatives or projects of a business by coordinating the activities of cross functional teams whilst ensuring that they meet the expectations of relevant stakeholders. The role holder is entrusted with large, cross-functional & complex projects and is expected to manage multiple projects at once.
This role exists to ensure the planning, execution, monitoring and completion of strategic projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner to achieve the potential benefits and objectives defined in the business case. The Senior Project Manager is expected to develop a plan of action to get a project completed, working across departments to ensure their needs and wants are included within the confines of the project and budgetary limitations.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing the integrated project delivery efforts and team, working closely with the project lead(s)/sponsor(s). Their main responsibilities include Planning and Scheduling, Cost control, risks management and stakeholder engagement & management throughout the entire project lifecycle.
The successful candidate will work directly with Project & Mission Leads (with the support of members of executive team and other stakeholders) to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. She/he should have a solid experience of project management processes and stakeholder engagement/management. The Senior Project Manager should be able to act as a change agent and SME in project management – advising stakeholders on all things project management.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of multiple projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop and maintain an integrated project schedule including inputs from all functions, units and third parties contributing to the project.
- Ensure proper linkage in schedule to show interdependencies among various teams and with third parties.
- Ensure task owners sign off on commitments and take responsibility for timely delivery of their tasks.
- Provide schedule analysis including critical path to forecast schedule risks and opportunities using available tools and best practice.
- Generate ‘what-if’ scenarios to optimize project execution and delivery, and work with project teams to evaluate feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability, allocation and maximization
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Ensure optimal delegation of project tasks based on individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Use and continually develop leadership skills to ensure proper coordination and project delivery
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis and impact
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders as well as other staff members
- Provide status (RAID) reports clearly communicating risks, issues, potential impacts and project priorities.
- Report and escalate to relevant stakeholders as needed
- Perform risk management to mitigate potential risks to project delivery
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders and sponsors
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field or equivalent project management experience
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and relevant project management applications and packages
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from executives sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers
- >5 years experience in multidimensional project management including tracking and planning projects
- Team leadership experience and strategic Influencing skills
- Strong knowledge & demonstrated delivery of multiple projects in challenging operating environment.
- Strong Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Inability to meet deadlines and manage key stakeholders expectations
- Lack of analytical skills
- Poor attention to details
- Inability to build and maintain a collaborative problem-solving network
- Inability to influence and drive accountability
Worker Type :Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)
Primary Location:Dar es Salaam
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date : 2023-08-09