CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICERS NUTRITION TWO POSITIONS
The Centre for Counseling, Nutrition, and Health Care (COUNSENUTH) is a Tanzanian national non-profit, Non Governmental Organization that was established in 1998 (Reg. 9495) with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. COUNSENUTHs Vision is to have a Tanzania whose people, particularly women, children adolescents and other vulnerable have optimal health and quality of life. Its Mission is to achieve quality of life for vulnerable groups through innovative, cost effective, evidence -based actions, that enhance positive behaviors towards health, nutrition, gender equality and women empowerment, early childhood development, education performance improvement, climate change adaptation, youth employability and gainful engagement, through active community participation; multisectoral collaboration, good governance; through advocacy and lobbying; and active engagement of citizens.
COUNSENUTH is inviting qualified Tanzanians to fill in the two positions below.
Position Title: Senior Program Officer Nutrition (1 position)
Duty Station: Chemba, Dodoma Region
Reports to: Director of Programs (DoP)
As a Senior Program Officer, you will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the implementation of program/project activities in Kondoa and Chemba districts in Dodoma region. You will be required to work with Local Government Authorities, health facilities, selected CSOs and community workers, and therefore the applicant should be capable of working in rural communities and with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Work with the Director of Programs, Senior Program Officer, and other field team members in coordinating and facilitating nutrition activities in Dodoma;
- Work closely with the Local Government Authority, including the Council Multisectoral Nutrition Committee and the District Nutrition Officer in planning and implementing nutrition and gender activities in Kondoa and Chemba districts;
- Work with the multi sectoral nutrition steering committees for inclusion of nutrition-related interventions into district plans and budgets;
- Assist in capacity building of district partners
- Support and follow up closely the implementation of activities under the program as scheduled in the plan of action;
- Prepare and timely submit quarterly, bi annual and annual program reports;
- Participate in the Centers strategic planning;
- Prepare, conduct and supervise training for different cadres of health and community workers
- Facilitate in improving skills and competency of service providers through mentoring and coaching and
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the authority.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must:
- Hold a Masters degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Sociology, Community Development or any other related field
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition if the Masters degree is not in Nutrition
- Have at least 3 years of working experience in nutrition or related project/program.
- Have experience in community engagement/mobilization and capacity building processes and coaching/mentorship
- Have experience working with Government institutions, civil society organizations and community partners.
- Have attention to detail and an effective communicator,
- Have the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Mode of application:
Interested applicants should send their application via email addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Centre for Counselling, Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH),
E-mail: email@example.com; together with up to date curriculum vitae (with three professional references) and copies of academic certificates not later than 22nd August 2023. Please indicate the position title on the subject line of your email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.