The Aga Khan University (AKU) invites applications for the following position based in Dares Salaam, Tanzania:
Lecturer/Senior Instructor- School of Nursing and Midwifery, Tanzania (SONAM)
- Implement the curriculum as approved by curriculum committee and regulatory authorities’jurisdiction.
- Teach in classroom and clinical areas as assigned by the Associate Dean, SONAM-Tanzania.
- Prepare a master plan of clinical placements for students and disseminate as required.
- Monitor theoretical and clinical teaching activities.
- Provide academic support to students and colleagues. E.g., supervise and evaluate (peer-review) faculty performance as required; monitor faculty teaching and clinical hours to determine fair distribution of teaching loads.
- Compile all academic results and clinical evaluations at the end of the term, within given deadlines.
- Work with curriculum committee to improve courses based on feedback received.
- Ensure the quality of clinical learning opportunities for the various programmes (e.g., securing learning sights, preceptors etc)
- Initiate and maintain collaborations with clinical facilities.
- Actively participate in building the body of midwifery and nursing knowledge through research and publication.
- Continuously improve the quality of own practice and keep abreast of academic discipline.
- Actively participate in the management and administrative activities of the University.
- Actively contribute to the development of the nursing/midwifery profession nationally and regionally.
- Plan and/or assist with university ceremonies and functions pertaining to academic and social events.
- Orient new teachers to the programme and give necessary support and guidance.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Associate Dean, SONAM-Tanzania.
Professional skills, qualifications, and experience
- A doctorate degree (PhD) in Midwifery or related field in Reproductive, Maternal and child health
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience as a Lecturer and 5 years and above clinical experience in midwifery/maternal and child health
- Expertise in relevant nursing/midwifery field
- A well-established record of research and publications preferably in midwifery, reproductive and maternal health
- Experience with curriculum and course development an added advantage
- Diploma or Certificate in education or its equivalent
- Current Registration with the Nursing Regulatory Body
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Good understanding of computer software’s and technology and digital teaching
- Ability to teach through a variety of strategies to effectively engage students in learning.
- Good organization and Counselling skills
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of this position, please send your application package which should include an application letter and an updated CV to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Close: Open until position is filled.