• Inspection of products at the production, packing, and dispatch stage to ensure conformity with quality requirements.
• Confirming quality records of products bound for dispatch to eliminate errors
• Ensure proper labeling of the products before loading and dispatch for Local (sheets) and Export (sheets and Coils).
• Identify and supervise segregation of Non –non-conforming products.
• Inspection of pre-painted and Aluminum zinc-coated steel products during the entire finishing line processes of shearing, corrugation, ridging, gutter forming, and sorting/strapping for quality defects
• Control the generation of defective products by initiating a backward loop of corrective action based on past product feedback.
• Implement a stop for quality to avoid the production of substandard products.
• Product yield reports (Daily, Monthly, and periodic reviews)
• Maintain good housekeeping in the laboratory.
• Ensure all products released to the next process comply with both statutory requirements and customer specifications
• Implement all quality control procedures and QMS based on ISO 9001
• Participate fully in RCA processes as assigned from time to time
• Ensure that product testing equipment is calibrated, and that process control takes care of all product quality attributes.
• Conduct online UD for products produced in any work center assigned to him/her
• Conduct UD for any backlog in SAP as assigned by Supervisor in writing
• Conduct incoming materials and customer complaints inspection and document report timely physically and in SAP
• Conduct a materials quality survey in the storage location physically and in SAP
• Conduct weight variance verification physically and in SAP
• Make sure product care is implemented for all materials on production lines and warehouses
• Product Test Data analysis and issuance of initial packing lists and Mill Test reports.
• Perform any other related duties as Management may require from time to time
• Bachelor’s Degree in chemical and Processes, Mineral, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or Metallurgy with 3 years of experience
• Registered with ERB
• Excellent Communication skills, Analytical skills, Problem-solving skills, and planning & organizing skills
• Basic computer literal (Excel, word, etc)
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across teams internally and externally
• Excellent personal organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines
• High energy, personal presence, and maturity; demonstrated ability to innovate and support change
• Able to work extended hours in critical situations.
Work Level: Skilled
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Market Related
Duration: 2 – 3 Years
EE Position: No
Location: Dar es Salaam