The Tanga Ci ty Council in Collaboration with Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
will implement PEPFAR / CDC supported AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment
and HIV Prevention- STEP) project in Tanga CC aiming to deliver client centered,
comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for
populations of this district hence contribute to the country’s epidemic control.
Tanga CC is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill
in vacant positions for AFYA HATUA project as shown below.
Position title: | Laboratory Technicians. (3 Positions)
Reports to: Medical Officer in Charge.
Overall Job Function: To provide day-to-day timely, and accurate clinical laboratory and Point-
of-care patient sample tests to fully support TB/HIV and HIV/AIDS diagnosis, care, and
treatment monitoring. Support the whole cascade of the hub-and-spoke sample referral system
from collection, processing, transportation, testing, and results return through the paper-based
and electronic sample referral system.,
- Responsible for performing General phlebotomy duties that support TB/HIV and HIV/AIDS.
- Responsible for collecting and properly packaging for referral, the specimens for HIV viral load test, DBS for Early infant diagnosis (EID), and sputum for GeneXpert diagnosis.
- Responsible for performing proper documentation of samples collected, track and receive results back from the viral load testing laboratory
- Responsible for uploading HIV viral load and HEID samples in the electronic sample referral system (e-SRS) timely to ensure quality testing and results in feedback TAT.
- Responsible for evaluating specimen quality for test performance to avoid specimen rejection.
- Responsible for assisting in performing instrumentation troubleshooting to correct problems associated with HIV, CD4, Creatine, and TB sample collection and referral
- Responsible for assisting in performing instrumentation troubleshooting to correct problems associated with sputum sample collection, referral, and testing with GeneXpert
- Responsible for performing, evaluating, and documenting HIV rapid test quality control data for quality patient results.
- Responsible for performing and documenting preventative and corrective measures for HIV rapid test PT/ EQA
- Participate in the performance and documentation of PT/EQA programs that support TB/HIV and HIV/AIDS program
- Responsible for ensuring a good and safe working environment in the Laboratory
- Responsible for dispatching timely all HIV, HEID, TB, and viral load results to the clients’ files and CTC-2 card and database
- Responsible for assisting with inventory management of supplies and ensuring that laboratory areas remain stocked with needed supplies that support TB/HIV, CD4, HVL, HEID, and HIV rapid tests and recency HIV tests.
- Respond to CTC inquiries about laboratory results that support HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of patients, families, and staff. Adhere tocustomer service standards of the hospital and department.
- Responsible for working closely with the THPS district team, regional, council, and hospital management teams (RHMT, CHMTs, and HMTs), and other laboratory stakeholders to improve laboratory performance
- Responsible for supporting laboratory staff to follow written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for every aspect of pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of the testing process in a laboratory.
- Responsible for assisting with timely routine report preparation and submission of update for quality HIV and TB sample collection, referrals, and results services.
- Responsible for performing other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Diploma in Health Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution.
- Atleast two years’ experience in clinical laboratory testing procedures related to TB/HIV,HIV/AIDS, and viral load
- Atleast two years’ experience in laboratory equipment and their operations in supporting
- HIV/AIDS, TB/HIV and HIV viral load monitoring.
- Knowledge in computer applications (MS Word, MS Excel) including internet and browsing
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org attaching
1. Application cover letter (one page maximum),
2.Curriculum Vitae (four pages maximum)
3. Copies of your relevant certificates. The email should be position being applied for (e.g. Clinical Tracker Job Application for Tanga City Council).
The deadline for application is 29 October 2023.
Tanga City Council is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.