Dar es Salaam University College of Education
The Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) is a Constituent College of the University of Dar es Salaam established in 2005. The main functions of the College, as stipulated in the Dar es Salaam University College of Education Charter and the Rules of 2010, are to provide integrated teaching, research and public service.
To enhance effective teaching and learning, research and provision of public services, the College invites applications from suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill the following advertised vacant positions:
ACCOUNTS OFFICER II, 3 POSTS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that all invoices are properly recorded and filed after payments;
- Properly posting of all primary data in the respective journals;
- To perform cashiering;
- To maintaining Petty Cash journals;
- To prepare various accounting schedules as directed by supervisor;
- To prepare project account journals;
- To prepare Staff advances, loan and imprests subsidiary ledger listings; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the one’s reporting officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields; Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institutions or Intermediate Certificate (Module D) offered by NBAA.
SALARY SCALE: PGSS 6.1
- All applicants MUST be citizens of Tanzania with age not above 45 years;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/ post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/ Diploma/Certificates; Postgraduate/Degree/ Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate; and
- National Identification Card.
- Attaching copies of the following is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slip;
- Testimonials and partial transcripts;
- An applicant must attach one recent Passport Size Photo;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA);
- Professional certificates from foreign universities and other training institutions should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Applicants who are currently employed by the Government should channel their application letters through their respective employers;
- Applicants who were Government employees should indicate in their application letters;
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is advised to indicate;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action and;
How to Apply:
A signed application letter should be written in English and addressed to Deputy Principal (Planning, Finance and Administration), Dar es Salaam University College of Education, P.O. BOX 2329 DAR ES SALAAM.
Only short- listed candidates will be informed on the date of interview.
Deadline for application is 01st November 2023.