Electrical Engineer – Kabanga
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role is reporting to the Project Superintendent. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining electrical systems for buildings, transport systems and power distribution networks and ensuring activities are carried out safely and adhering to Tembo Nickel safety standards, procedures, and policies.
Duty Station-Tembo Nickel Project site – Kabanga Roster: 6/3
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure possible hazards on route and inside workplaces identified, rectified and/or reported daily when on shift and record kept.
- Conduct Field Level Risk Assessment completed accurately for every task done.
- Ensure Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily -Isolation, Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting & rigging etc.
- Scheduling kitchen equipment inspections daily, weekly, Monthly & identified defects reported within the shift.
- Conduct Preventive Maintenance Schedule & work carried out accordingly daily.
- Ensure the appropriate PPE for the task at hand is used by all team members.
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis is conducted accurately for every task with a Standard Operating Procedure.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job.
- Ensure Emergency power generators switching, and connection well maintained.
- Installing and maintaining of all electrical equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks.
- Under the guidance of project superintendent, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to colleagues.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superintendent.
- Prepare and file all always required records ready for auditing, electronic & hard copies.
- Ensure the camp powerhouse is well maintained to comply with required standards.
- Support the construction and connection of 33Kva and 220Kva power line for camp and plant.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree certificate in Electrical.
- Domestic and industrial electrical.
- Must be registered with ERB.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience on industrial and domestic electrical.
- Experience on Voltage switching from Generator to TANESCO.
- Emergence Power Generation is an added advantage.
- Valid driving license is an added advantage.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role title in the subject via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date is 18th August,2023
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For and on behalf of Tembo Nickel Corporation: Kabanga Nickel Project.