The position holder will be responsible for designing and driving implementation of digital products. Optimize existing experiences locally to drive KPIs. Employ a user centred methodology to bring world-class product experiences to market.
Responsible for developing and executing tactical initiatives to support growth of the Digital Banking portfolio whilst also being a contributor to the development of product plans relating to Digital products, meeting customer needs. Drive online product roadmap for Digital Banking Channel.
Managing the Internet/ Mobile Banking Channel and new digital initiatives for the Digital Banking group. Own the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis. Periodic updates of various banking features enhancements on all the digital banking channels, with focus on improving the end user banking experience, Lead all digital product management aspects of the channel including design of new product propositions, UX/UI improvements and campaign management to boost traffic and online conversion.
The person shall also be the below:
- Designing and delivering customer journeys to improve the customer and business experience.
- Customer attraction through the digital platform and creating opportunities to increase revenues.
Working in liaison with Heads of department and sales team to transfer skills into the broader organization.
- Achieve allocated Digital Banking portfolio revenue targets, profitability and growth as per agreed budgets.
- Prepare Business Case and own benefits realization for Digital Banking solution initiatives.
- Contribute and implement agreed Business, Marketing and Promotional Strategies for Digital Banking solutions.
- Monitor and track performance of existing Digital Banking solutions and platforms and act to ensure value is continuously generated as expected.
- Identify opportunities and execute automation and digitization initiatives on Retail Products, Processes and Services to optimize overall Retail Business by increasing revenues, lowering costs and improving efficiency.
- Prepare Weekly and Monthly MIS reports for business teams, monthly management meeting and board.
- Define compelling digital value propositions within the Retail Banking space by understanding the target customer’s needs, pains and desired gains.
- Define the product and solution roadmap in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders.
- Execute the product development lifecycle for digital finance products and services aimed at achieving the retail digital business strategy and feature roadmap.
- Lead the development of monetisation initiatives for digital solutions working with cross functional teams to achieve increase in digital product uptake, channel usage, drive growth to meet utilization targets and ROE.
- Track product performance, leverage on data and customer insights to identify product growth opportunities.
- Participate in project meetings, validating prototypes with partners, vendors, testing development, coordinating relevant cross functional approvals and overseeing pilots and launch.
- Achieve targeted customer experience Product metrics for both internal and external customers.
- Review and use voluminous customer data to identify customer behaviours and patterns that would inform new product features and user experience enhancements.
- Work closely with internal teams and contracted external partners to drive client centric, digital focused initiatives to increase adoption of retail digital finance products, client engagement, NPS and retention rate within the target customer segments.
- Develop, continuously improve and implement product processes and standards that ensure a consistent superior product proposition to customers.
Risk and Compliance
- Develop effective and efficient processes that ensure seamless and consistent delivery of digital products.
- Monitor, identify and mitigate Digital Finance Products related risks, in conjunction with supporting units such as Information Technology, Credit, Operations, Risk, Audit, Compliance etc.
Leadership, Learning and Growth
- Lead and positively influence cross-functional project teams to deliver new Digital Finance solutions and enhancements.
- Ensure continuous acquisition of new skills and know-how necessary to support the execution of the Digital strategy, improvements to digital processes and ultimately driving financial returns for the portfolio.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in ICT/Commerce; and Banking qualifications.
- A Master’s degree and/ or management degree would be an added advantage.
- A qualification in technology related field, Data analysis or Project management is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office with advanced Excel qualification is required.
Working Experience Required
· 5-7 years’ experience in Banking or digital financial services, with at least 2 years delivering or handling customer facing digital solutions in a Product, Project Management, Data Analysis or IT applications function.
· Experience working with technology driven financial products and solutions.
· Experience working in cross-functionally project teams.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technology and business teams.
· Knowledge of product management methods and processes and a good understanding of emerging technology and big data platforms
· Self-motivated go-getter who continually works at improving own performance, skills, and competencies
- Detail and results oriented, able to analyze data to justify product decisions, apply key learnings and present analytical/statistical content effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent knowledge of bank operations and systems
Dar es Salaam, Ilala
Retail & Digital Banking