Database Administrator at CVPeople Tanzania – Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania, Systems & Database Adminstrator CVPeople … Database management tasks for all databases deployed in Tanzania.
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaaam, Tanzania | Posted on 04/17/2023
Database Maintenance and Optimization
Enhancing the scalability and performance of existing database architecture, including maintenance and development of all databases.
Performing database maintenance, migration, and upgrading hardware and software.
Database Development and Management
Developing database structures and features according to Company needs.
Developing procedures to ensure data integrity and quality
Manage Databases Recovery Service Agreements to ensure projects, incidents, problems and escalations are dealt with according to a defined set of policies, processes, procedures and SLA’s.
Documenting processes and complying with best practices in database management.
Effectiveness of integration of database strategy / blueprint with the bank’s business direction
Effectiveness of the databases security (policy, controls and infrastructure) with regard to protection against exposure to and impact of risks associated with data loss, corruption and/or unauthorized access
Plans, Designs and implements Database projects according to the Bank’s requirements and Monitor Capacity/Performance of the group databases to ensure optimum efficiency.
Disaster readiness is maintained as agreed and ensures regular DR exercise is done
Support of ICT Strategy
Effectiveness of integration of ICT databases blueprint with the bank’s business direction
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- ITIL, OCA, OCP, OCM, other relevant database professional qualifications in IT field would be an added advantage
- MS SQL Certification will also be an added advantage
- Project Management certification and experience is preferred e.g., PRINCE2, PMP
- Seven years’ experience in databases and storage support on medium to large organizations.
- Working experience in a bank or other financial services organization would be an added advantage.