Workplace location: DAR ES SALAAM-ADDRESS BLDG(TZA)
Employer company: TotalEnergies Renewables Development Middle East
Domain: Strategy Economics Business
Experience: Minimum 3 years
• Minimum 3 years of experience related to design, construction, technical sales of rooftop, ground-mount, and carport distrusted generation solar projects
• Graduate from a premier university with an engineering degree in electrical, mechanical, and/or renewable energies. A double engineering specialty is a plus.
• Experience with maintaining functional specification, commissioning checklists, and standard operating practices for solar projects.
• Aptitude to swiftly adapt to a multi-cultural and multinational working environment and understanding international markets
• Academic knowledge of international business strategies, brand management, operations management of international markets and Cross-culture management skills
• Working experience of the Tanzania context in electrical norms, renewable energy regulations, construction codes
• Experience in customer facing roles
• Good Knowledge and use experience of sales, engineering and solar specific software such as AutoCAD, PVSyst, Meteonorm, SolarGIS, Helioscope, Sketchup, MS Project etc.
Press space or enter keys to toggle section visibility
The main activities are:
o Identification of commercial & industrial prospects likely to enter in a PPA
o Realization of technical commercial proposals (non-binding and binding offers) creating value for our clients
o Management of key accounts and local partners
o Ensure that the activities in Tanzania are compliant with HSE standards
o Ensure good knowledge of the legal and operational context necessary to operate in Tanzania (legal, fiscal, regulatory) and ensure the implementation and compliance of Group processes (tax, compliance, HR, legal, etc.)
o Coordinate the monthly reporting of activities and prepare the investment dossiers
o Supporting the head of business development by providing technical and commercial offers and inputs to be presented to potential clients and for response to call for tenders.
o Conduct TTE operational site tours for prospective clients and addressing the technical, commercial & operational queries.
o Assist the sales team with entering new markets and compiling the information necessary to do so (finance and technical inputs mainly)
o Develop toolkits such as costing models, permitting & regulatory process, identifying potential contractors and suppliers.
o Negotiate EPC and contractors offers, shortlists contractors for construction activities and coordinate the qualification of such contractors under Company guidelines
o Liaise with engineering and technical teams for continuous improvement of technical specifications.
o Assist with the local permitting and project development and must be knowledgeable of the local environment for solar B2B projects
o Coordination with procurement officer and project managers
o Project Management Support:
Managing and successfully executing & commissioning of solar DG project
• Identification of commercial & industrial prospects likely to enter in a PPA Agreement
• Realization of commercial proposals (non-binding and binding offers) creating value for our clients
• Ensure the monthly reporting of activities and contribute to the investment dossiers
Technical Sales responsibilities
• Conduct feasibility studies, preliminary solar designs, CAPEX/OPEX estimation and solar plant performance simulations.
• Assess site characteristics, constraints and analyze consumption demands of the customer during prospection phase.
• Prepare technical offers and presenting them to potential clients, support the sales team in the negotiation with clients
• Take part the preparation of Investment Committee Dossiers & investment committee presentations
• Preparing hand over dossier from Sales / Business Development to Project Development team.
• Technical support and contribution to 50 to 60MW awarded per year
• Project Development Support:
• Analyze EPCs and contractors offers in terms of quality, HSE, cost and schedule
• Negotiate price and shortlisting contractors for awarded projects
• Prepare and update engineering tools and templates
• Coordinate with design team to prepare and follow-up local approvals and regulatory obligations.
• Cost analysis
• Carry out cost benchmarks on the past projects carried out
• Ensure the project costs are aligned with the market trends
• Develop tools of Project CAPEX assessment
Project Management Support:
• Assist Project Managers (when needed) on Solar DG project under construction in terms of quality control, project timeline, HSE standards, material procurement, contractors’ daily activities, and client expectations
• Support on reviewing and approving material submission forms, MSRAs, project activities, and engineering drawings and studies
• Take part or conduct weekly meetings and on-site visits with main stakeholders for project updates
• Coordinate with engineering, HSE, and project teams during development, design, permitting, construction, and commissioning of the projects
Context & Environment
Press space or enter keys to toggle section visibility
The Business Development Engineer works in a highly demanding environment that requires organizational and communication skills.
The role enables interacting with customers and educating them about the commercial & technical aspects of solar projects. There is also a lot of support available from both sales and projects team to help innovate solutions for different customers. Working with multiple teams also leads to gaining insights about various industries and using this to better target clients.
Precise estimation of projects is a major challenge that can play a crucial role in winning a project. A thorough understanding of the technicalities of the execution and operation of a solar plant will also be required in order to educate and clarify customer concerns.