JOB ADVERT –Automation Auto Electrician (03 Vacancies)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Automation Auto Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his/her team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Automation Supervisor
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing all the mobile fleet equipment related to the automation production area at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine.
- High level focused on the Sandvik machines automation system and automation drive.
- Performing work associated with diagnostic, maintenance, and repair of all types of heavy machinery and special equipment and components, for example, hydraulic systems including, hydraulic control valves (manual and electronic), hydraulic cylinders, pumps and motors, automatic and manual transmissions, brake systems, ignition and fuel systems, steering and powertrain systems, tires, electrical systems, batteries starters, generators and maintain other related components as required.
- As part of the fleet maintenance program inputting data into fleet tracking software is critical. All technicians must utilize a computer to input work orders, time, and related computer tasks.
- Maintenance of electrical and instrumentation equipment (PLC Controls)
- Electrical and instrument fault finding.
- Performing statutory testing and inspections on all electrical distribution systems.
- Develop and lead a team of employees
- Perform planned maintenance work tasks
- Report to the mobile fleet maintenance foreman on all planned and unplanned work regarding the automation system.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks required by your supervisor.
- Auto Electrical Trade
- Mechanical Trade
- High-level computer skills
- RCT cert. 4 minimum, cert 5 favored
- Sandvik System Specialist Highly Favored
- Previous experience in installation and implementation of automation program packages with data collection and tracking capability.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Sandvik Automation Specialist, exposure to MCS systems, Optimine, and Lite Specialist.
- Working knowledge and exposure to Newtraxs
- Exposure to industry best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment and other assets are maintained to a high level of availability, and in accordance with company policies at all times. The ability to prioritize repairs and take instruction in order to reduce downtime and delays is foremost in maximizing machine availability and operator utilization.
- High-level understanding of auto electrical automation planning and execution.
- The ability to comprehend OEM manuals, diagrams, and drawings are essential in the performance of this role.
- Proven experience managing and training a team of maintenance personnel to high standards.