Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations and Airport Construction.
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the UPGRADING OF TAMCO – VIKAWE – MAPINGA (23KM) TO BITUMEN STANDARD, LOT II: PANGANI – MAPINGA SECTION (13.59KM) CONTRACT NO: TRD/ HQ/1069/2022/23
As a measure to strengthen Capacity of discharging TANROADS functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS -Coast, on behalf of Chief Executive, seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizen to fill Vacancy posts for the specific duties on short term basis.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill vacancies in the Region. Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable length of time in Coast Region within the project area when situations warrant.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Appointment will be on contract terms of one (1) year renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
STRUCTURE ENGINEER (1P0ST)
The Structure Engineer shall be fully responsible for structural analysis, designing of Bridge / Drainage elements and detailing. He/She will be responsible for the assessment of existing Bridge and design of new Bridge and all drainage structures along the project road including submission of the report. He/she should have the ability to read and including submission of the report. He/ She should have the ability to read and interpret project specifications.
She/ He must be a registered Civil Engineer with a Degree in Civil Engineering or Bridge Engineering or Structural Engineering. She/He must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Bridge Design and construction. She /He must have experience of Bridge and road works of similar nature. She/He shall be responsible for ensuring the bridges and other Drainage Structures are constructed according to design and conform to the contract specifications. In addition, He/ She must have a working experiences of at least 3 years in Sub – Sahara countries. Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Applicants must attach an up- date curriculum vitae (CV) Having reliable contacts: postal address/ post code, e- mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement:
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates
- Degree Advanced Diploma/Diploma
- Form IV and VI National Examination Certificates:
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable):
- Birth Certificate
- Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable:
- Form IV and form VI result slips:
- Testimonials and all partial transcripts.
- An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts:
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary, Advanced level or Universities/Colleges should be authenticated by national respective organs (NECTA, NACTE or TCU)
- A signed APPLICATION LETTER should be in English
- ANY ELECTRONIC SUBMISION SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed for interview and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW:
THE REGIONAL MANAGER,
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS),
P 0. BOX 30150,
Note; hand delivery shall not be accepted
Deadline for submission of application is 28th August, 2023.