Job Reporting To: Head Bancassurance
Location: CRDB Bank HQ
The purpose of the job is to proactively respond to identified business opportunities for all lines of business; providing leadership and direction to the business development team including business retention thus achieving the delivery of the Business Budget as well as ensuring sustainable, profitable business operations and establishing CRDB insurance agent as the most remarkable agent readily recognized within Tanzania.
- Responsible for overseeing the daily insurance sales in the Organization.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Departmental Business strategy, plans and budget in line with company objectives.
- Ensures compliance with organizational policies, procedures and quality standards including TIRA.
- Works in close coordination with the group stakeholders to develop business strategy and articulate action plans to drive the focus of business towards archiving the company objectives.
- Undertakes internal and external training initiatives to expand the technical skills of Underwriters.
- Responsible for ensuring all renewals are done on time and ensuring maximum client retention while generating more leads and support in closing the same.
- Develop and review all business proposals for new products and clients for quality assurance.
- Prepare various analytical business reports.
- Validate all proposals/inquiries/quotations received directly or through the Branches for compliance.
- Provides underwriting technical guidance on matters related to defining the scope of cover, development of policy terms, premium finance, the tenor of coverage etc. to Zone and branches in ensuring the achievement of the targets.
- Establishes a framework/guiding instrument to support the business environment including digitization.
- Analyze sales data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps.
- Responsible for proposing and implementing cost-effective solutions for the efficient and effective operations of the Bank.
- Create opportunities for an organization’s growth.
- Find new customers and persuade existing ones to buy extra services/products (Cross and upselling).
- Write reports and make presentations to customers and senior management.
- Identify new methods and opportunities for sales campaigns.
- As a member of the company’s Product Development Team, constantly review market needs and advise senior management on trends, developments and needs for new products and enhancements.
- Development of the incentive program for all distribution channels.
- Drive market research that is aimed at identifying new business potential and participate in the development of new products to fill special market niches.
- Ensure that subordinates submit accurate, quality and timely business reports and use these to compile departmental reports for review by senior management and the Board.
- Monitor competitor activity and advise the senior management team on opportunities/threats that are presented by such activities.
- Develop and implement advertising, promotion and public relations campaigns to increase visibility.
- Grow commission income in line with the business plan.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, And Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related Business subjects from an accredited higher learning institution.
- 6 years’ experience within the Insurance Industry, 3 of which must have been at Senior Leadership
- Professional qualifications (ACII) will be an added advantage. (Minimum qualification allowed is a degree in Insurance and risk management)
- Excellent planning & organization skills
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Deadline 25th August 2023