Position: Program Assistant (2 positions needed)
About QC: Qatar Charity (QC) is a non-governmental organization working in both relief and development. With a considerable regional capacity, QC is a leading humanitarian organization in the East Africa region committed to transforming adversity into revival for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By working with beneficiaries and communities, QC is keen to develop the links and continuum between relief activities and long-term community development projects.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reports to: Programs Manager
Duration: 6 months (with possibility to extension)
Starting Date: June 26, 2023
Closing Date: July 03, 2023
In the performance of its activities in cooperation with different humanitarian and development partners, Qatar Charity is committed to the principles of partnership such as equality, transparency, responsibility, and integration. QC is also committed to the fundamental humanitarian principles of independence, neutrality, and impartiality.
For the last three decades, Qatar Charity has achieved both consistent and considerable growth in terms of its operations and institutionalization and is currently working in more than 70 countries across the world, with field offices in 40 countries.
QC has a membership of the United Nations Economic and Social Council Since 1997; and is a member of various fora and networks the recent being the START Network. QC is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs since 2009.
Under the overall supervision of the Programs Manager, the Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting the programs team to ensure timely & efficient provision of different projects activities through water wells, sanitation and hygiene interventions, education, economic empowerment, health and other sectors.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Officer and Programs Manager in ensuring the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of different projects activities
- Assist in conducting all required assessments (need assessment, market assessment, economic sector / labour market assessment, baseline survey etc.) under different sectors including WASH, education and economic empowerment projects & in drafting reports.
- Regularly support the technical supervisors, support staff working in the field.
- Monitor & verify projects of different sectors are implemented in line with the requirements & in accordance with our donor, sector, country & international standards & inform the supervisor of any non compliances.
- Support and assist the Project Officers in their daily work in technical and non-technical tasks.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the WASH, education and other activities.
- Maintain daily records and update regular information in the database of project progress and current work.
- Keep the reporting smooth and maintain all requirements of reports, submit the periodic reports with all needed attachments to the QC Portal.
- Submit daily, weekly & monthly reports on time using standard format.
- Monitor all projects activities including the day-to-day supervision of partners, contractors and ensure quality control.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirement: (Education and Qualification)
- Educated to degree level with at least a bachelor’s degree in Development or social science closely related to Humanitarian/Development sector.
- Professional experience 1-2 years.
- Computer skills.
- Languages (Arabic and Swahili) must be able to read, write and speak. English is an added asset.
- Must be Tanzanian citizen
- Fully aware of Tanzania municipal regulations, policies and procedures and local laws.
- Understanding of the Qatar Charity cultural and political environment.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful and flexible.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB July 3, 2023, mentioning the position they applied for in the email title. Please bear in mind that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. QC will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf.