Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you an excellent visual creator? Can you create compelling visual communication to positively impact the community and help with the marketing and fundraising efforts? Do you enjoy working with students? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. Every year we give 1,800 students with free, quality education, 100’s of graduates with access to higher education and provide more than 20,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- You possess a combination of technical expertise, creativity, and interpersonal skills.
- You use a creative and innovative approach to visual storytelling.
- You think outside the box and come up with unique visual concepts.
- Proficient with cameras, lenses, lighting, and other photography and videography equipment. Your knowledge of editing software is also essential for post-production work.
- You must have a keen eye for detail to ensure that shots are framed correctly, the focus is sharp, and the lighting is well-balanced.
- You can think on your feet and find solutions when challenges arise during shoots.
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about using visual communications to tell stories that will bring an impact to the community
What you’ll do
- Suggest and support creative direction on all visual marketing materials and ensure the St Jude’s brand is consistently represented across all photos and videos.
- Assist with annual photo taking, special celebration day photography and videography as required.
- Interview students, staff, sponsors, donors and visitors as required for the production of video and audio recordings.
- Create weekly and monthly visual communication plans.
- Record and edit the monthly St Jude’s Podcast.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to take photos and videos of interesting classes, professional development activities, presentations, performances, excursions, school assemblies, supporter activities, sponsors, donors and visitors at the school and in the wider community.
- Maintain, track and record all photography and videography-related equipment
What we’re looking for
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Multimedia/ Production or related field from a reputable University.
- At least three (3) years of experience in the Photography and Videography field.
- Proficient in multimedia, content development, and production.
- Excellent organization and communication skills (written and oral) in English.
- Solid video-making skills and experience with Premiere Pro is required.
- Exceptional editing and retouching skills with advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Proficient in After Effects, Audition, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Confident in dealing with a range of people of all ages and backgrounds.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/FD/MKTN/01/23)
Applications close on 20th August 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.