Exim Bank Tanzania
Dar es Salaam
Exim Bank (Tanzania), is a commercial bank in Tanzania
WE ARE HIRING
REPORTING TO: Manager – Communication & Infrastructure
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology and Digital Transformation
REGION: Dar es Salaam
HOURS OF WORK:
8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. 8am – 1pm Saturdays.
Additional hours as required by workload
PURPOSE OF JOB
The job of Network Administrator was established for the purpose of assisting in the development of bank goals and objectives; designing, implementing and administration bank’s local `and wide area network systems; providing technical support; training department staff; managing assigned projects, managing service providers and providing leadership in the areas of technology usage across the Exim Bank Group.
- To support the Manager – Communication in ensuring the efficient and effective functioning and maintenance of the ICT network, including management of the Enterprise-wide network, maintenance of all network equipment in the bank and to ensure that the network is operating effectively.
- To ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the ICT network in coordination with the rest of the network team.
- Administers systems and servers related to district LAN and WAN (e.g Load Balancers, Anti- DDoS devices, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, NAC, DHCP Servers, and PBX systems.
- Participate in the Administration of all network related applications.
- Participate in the design of network infrastructure (physical and virtual) for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient network systems.
- Perform periodical tests of the disaster recovery plan for all communication and network channels/services with results documented and reported accordingly.
- Provide support and strategic guidance on network and communication systems to all subsidiaries.
- Assists the manager in preparing written materials (e.g SOPs, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and /or conveying information.
- Recommend/Propose equipment supplies and materials for the purpose of acquiring required items and completing jobs efficiently.
- Research trends, products, equipment, tests, etc. for the purpose of recommending procedure and/or purchases.
- Assists in training department staff (primarily withing technology area) for the purpose of ensuring their ability to use new and/or technology and software for enabling ease of communication.
- Review vendor contracts and assist in negotiating with vendors for the purpose of providing the bank cost effective and reliable network and communication related services.
- Process vendor invoices in time, and follow-up to ensure timely payment.
- Execute network related change requests for interdepartmental and bank wide projects, and perform change monitoring.
- Proactively monitoring utilization of network and communication services to ensure compliance of all users and services, and assists Manager-Communication in providing periodic MIS reports.
- Conduct vendor review meetings.
- Perform Risk Control Self-Assessment tests and provide test results to Manager – Communication for review.
- Administer the PBX Systems (e.g Create, delete, and modify users; performance tunning; troubleshooting; and any other activity related to the VOIP service)
- May sometimes be required to assist in any other activity that may deem necessary for effective functioning of the department.
- Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and operating within a defined budget.
- Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions.
- There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS
Internal: Regular contact with IT staff, Corporate and Branch staff
External: Regular contact with external vendors, external auditors and regulatory authorities
- A graduate in IT, IS, Computer Science/Engineering or related field is desirable.
- Minimum three years working experience in network security operations.
- Minimum three years working directly with enterprise networks from both technical and security perspectives, primarily in a Fortinet, Sophos, Juniper and Cisco based network.
- A good knowledge of Cisco SD-WAN networks.
- A knowledge in Radware and Array networks will be an added advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrable relationship/stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts including routing, switching, load balancing, VLANs and Firewalls
- Expertise in Cisco CCNP-Security
- Expertise in Fortinet Security Fabric
- Preferred Security professional certification Fortinet NSE4, CCNP-Security, ISO27001, CISSP; Other IT professional certifications such as ITI Lwill be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of IT controls and service standards such as ISO 27000, PCI DSS etc.
- Basic understanding of banking environment and banking systems.
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to meet deadlines
- A good understanding of the banking policies and regulatory requirements
How to Apply :
Please send your application to: email@example.com with the subject being: Network Administrator
NB: Only short – listed candidates will be contacted
Application deadline:- 21st August 2023