Logistics Assistant, FS5 at United Nations May 2023
|Posting Title:||LOGISTICS ASSISTANT, FS5|
|Job Code Title:||LOGISTICS ASSISTANT|
|Department/Office:||International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals|
|Posting Period:||11 May 2023 – 09 June 2023|
|Job Opening Number:||23-Logistics and Supply Chain-RMT-208707-R-Arusha (R)|
Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for some or all of the following duties: (These duties are generic and may not be carried out by all Logistics Assistants.)
• Acts as the logistics coordinating link between logistics clients such as the Organs, Sections and field offices.
• Manages transport operation, fleet management including fuel, maintenance, FVIU, Dispatch and DDR.
• Receives and analyzes transportation requirements, develops practicable methods to satisfy them and coordinates implementation.
• Coordinates the freight forwarding, local customs clearance, delivery of shipment including preparation of import and exports documentation.
• Manages contracts and operation of fuel, mail and pouch, vehicle insurance and vehicles tracking system.
• Process and coordinate requirements for residence permits, visas, issuance of United Nations travel documents, diplomatic cards as well as registration of Official and privately owned vehicles.
• Assists in the preparation of technical specifications for goods and services, the raising of requisitions in Umoja , Inspection of goods and raising Service Entry Sheets in Umoja.
• Receives, safe keeping, controls and accounts for Petty Cash.
• Reviews and submits Damage and Discrepancy Reports and Vendor Performance Report through appropriate channels.
• Prepares training activities and driving tests for subordinates to improve their technical competencies.
• Coordinates a training curriculum based on mission standards and requirements, conducts demonstrations, workshops and seminars on logistics operations.
• Manages a unit and supervised assigned staff.
• Performs other duties as required.
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity