Logistics Assistant – (2304695)
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 24 months
Job Posting: May 22, 2023, 2:40:22 PM
Closing Date: Jun 3, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar-es-Salaam
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
* DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the Logistics, Procurement & Travel officer and general guidance of the Operations Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:
1. Maintain an up to date record of all WHO fixed assets and attractive items.
2. Supervise physical verification of fixed assets and generate collated quarterly reports from zonal logistics assistants. Maintain custody of fixed assets barcodes and accept assets in GSM while barcoding.
3. Generate annual fixed assets movement cards based on the WHO e-manual XIII.
4. Provide guidance on handling of non-functional equipment and assist with arrangements for proper disposal
5. Conduct logistics function at the country office pertaining to office and official residences maintenance and management.
6. Following up with relevant Government counterpart for transactions relating to the premises.
7. Support verification of radio and satellite communication equipment for tracking and billing in close consultation with radio room and radio technicians.
8. Liaise regularly with zonal and state offices to monitor operations activities and report on vehicle, staff movement, facilities maintenance and security related matters from zones.
9. Regularly assess logistics needs for zonal and state offices and summarize recommendations for implementation.
10. Prepare a monthly report to the Operations Officer on Logistic activities across the country including fixed assets, facilities maintenance and movement of stocks, office consumables and office equipment.
11. Prepare monthly inventory report with indicative analysis giving recommendations on need for replacement and/or purchase of additional equipment
12. Provide logistics support for upcoming logistics requirements as may be required.
Perform other duties assigned by supervisor
Essential: – Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training in accounting, engineering and asset management.
Desirable:- University degree in Engineering or Management studies.
Essential:- At least five (05) years working experience in operations and logistics with a complex and diverse work environment, preferably an international organization.
Very good understanding of operations and logistics in a complex work environment. Excellent knowledge of fixed asset management and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
*1. Communicating in a credible and effective way
*2. Producing results
*3. Fosters integration and team work
4. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
5. Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English.
Desirable: Knowledge of Local Language(s). Working knowledge of French or another WHO official language would be an asset.