Qualifications and Evaluations
At least three years in technical support/helpdesk support with emphasis on utilization of computer systems, Network operations and administration, audio/visual systems and applications, smart devices (mobile devices – Apple / Android), Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2019 and above, etc.), Microsoft Office 365 applications (word, excel, powerpoint, access, publisher, sharepoint, teams, OneDrive, visio, forms etc.) is required.
Knowledge of computer hardware, software, mobile devices, audio-visual systems including video teleconferencing systems, public address systems, networking, and administration. He/she must also learn Department of State rules and procedures regarding networks and software.Education Requirements:
Two years of College/University studies in computer science or information systems is required.Evaluations:
ENGLISH: Good working knowledge; (speaking, reading & writing)
KISWAHILI: Good working knowledge; (speaking, reading & writing)
(This may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds. Must possess good knowledge in the latest Microsoft operating systems and Office applications, AV Systems including video and teleconferencing systems, Public Address Systems and Smart Devices is REQUIRED. Basic typing skills and numerical skills is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Diversity Equality and Inclusion Statement:
The US Mission to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania values a workforce of different backgrounds, cultures, and viewpoints. We strive to create a welcoming environment for all and we invite applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Benefits: Agency Benefits:
The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active-duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ Required Documents:
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Residency and/or Work Permit
• College/University Certificate
• College/University transcript
• Proof of citizenship/National Identification (National ID or Passport)
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.