Can be based in Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Zambia or Angola
WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER
The Human Resource Officer is responsible for administering and maintaining HR systems, programs, procedures and plans according to HR policies and will provide support to all levels of personnel on various HR-related issues. The Human Resources Administrator will provide human resources support services in the following functions: employee relations, compensation, talent management, benefits, payroll, staff development and training, organizational development and recruiting. They will be responsible for administering and maintaining HR systems, programs, procedures and plans according to HR policies and will aid all levels of personnel on various HR-related issues. The position will partner with Human Resource supervisors and HR team to provide administrative HR support to ensure prompt delivery of HR services and adhere to best practices. This position will report to Human Resource Manager Africa Region and may be based in any of the following countries that TNC is registered, Zambia, Kenya or Angola, South Africa or Tanzania or Gabon.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The HR Officer will serve as the support to the Africa HR Operations to enhance operations efficiency to achieve the desired strategy for Africa Business Unit.
- Provide day-to-day HR Administrative support in the areas of general staff queries, drafting travel request letters, new staff notification communications, milestone celebrations and new hires announcements.
- Support in day-to-day communications with the Africa BU staff on queries related to benefits administration and act as a liaison person with HR Services vendors.
- Ensure accurate staff data entry in the ERP and provide monthly reports.
- Keep abreast with the statutory requirements and submit mandatory government employee data requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely collation of staff data as appropriate for payroll processing.
- Manage appropriately all staff leave schedules collaboratively with the program supervisors.
- Effectively carry out timely off boarding processes with exiting staff and ensure all steps are followed through.
- Collaboratively administer all data and update learning systems regularly and in a timely manner.
- Support the BU HR Operations with any other administrative duties assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management and 3 years HR related work experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience responding to HR related questions and problems from employees/management.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: database management and spreadsheet software; constructing and producing reports; data input, manipulation, and analysis.
- Experience working with MS Office software, HR information systems and analytics tools.
- Experience maintaining files, processing paperwork, data entry or related.
- Experience in matrix organizations and supporting multiple programs.
- Experience responding to employee or customer inquiries.
- Experience working with MS Office software and database software.
- Over 5 years HR related preferably in an INGO sector supporting multiple countries in the Africa Region
- Fluency in either French or Portuguese is desirable and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Experience supporting HR processes including payroll processing, Onboarding, learning and development, HRIS and HR Metrics and data analytics
- Solid knowledge of word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software, with ability to construct and produce reports, data input, manipulation, and analysis.
- Broad understanding of fundamental HR concepts, processes, and services.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Time management skills.
- HRMS / ERP and Power BI usage experience.
- Active member of a registered professional HR body.
- Fluency in English and additional language where TNC operates, Portuguese / French language.
- May require fluency in foreign language(s) to support global operations.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. Through grassroots action, TNC has grown to become one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, we impact conservation throughout the world!
The Nature Conservancy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including: health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, Pension Stipend, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work wellbeing benefits. Learn more about our benefits at in the Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We’re proud to offer a work-environment that is supportive of the health, wellbeing, and flexibility needs of the people we employ!
To apply for Job ID 53858, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on September, 13, 2023. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.