The Head of HR and Training is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The HHR provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team and shareholders.
- Provide HR leadership; collaborate with the management team to design and implement Strategies to support organizational growth and culture.
- Collaborate with the head office HR team in rolling out organizational development initiatives.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of the organization, monitoring and interpreting trends and key HR metrics.
- Manage the full cycle of HR operations.
- Develop practices and programs that attract, retain and develop the best possible talent in the marketplace and make the company attractive through competitive pay and an engaging culture.
- Capability building – the development of people and processes to ensure the delivery of HR services across the country and ensure greater employee engagement, motivation and productivity.
- Selection and special projects – proposing and delivering new HR initiatives and cascading progressive HR practices, coordinating and communicating with head office and other countries, and supporting change management programs
- HR Policy review and analytics – monitoring all aspects of HR compliance and employment legislation.
- HRIS – Monitor & guide the team to ensure that staff information is maintained & updated in the ERP HR system. supporting HRIS and evaluating relevant HR data.
- Implementing functional HRMS and internal databases across all departments and locations
- Overseeing our payroll and performance evaluation systems
- Relationship Management – managing the above whilst maintaining all relevant internal and external relationships.
- Review and update our employment contracts and agreements.
- Develop and implement the departmental budget.
- Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, Industrial relations or a related area of focus is required; a master’s degree (e.g., MBA, MA-HR) is strongly preferred.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management, HR Profession certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of HR experience with 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Prior experience working within a financial institution & INGO is a plus.
- Experience in managing a large team
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international offices on short notice.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational/leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.