KickStart is an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass-markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries that are used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty.
The project in Tanzania and surrounding will develop and implement the latest innovations in KickStart’s model of selling equipment at the Base of the African Rural Pyramid to Small-Holder-Farmers across the region.
JOB TITLE: Country Partnerships Manager
ROLE PURPOSE: We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Country Partnerships Manager whose role will be responsible for spearheading our growth and revenue efforts via strategic partnerships engagements with CBOs, local, regional and international NGO’s, UN agencies, Government and relevant agencies as well as the private sector in the country and promoting the sales and usage of our branded irrigation pumps/technologies. These activities support the primary goal of getting people out of poverty in Tanzania.
Reports to: Country Director based in Dar-es-salaam.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Perform the due diligence to understand the market potential and opportunities for the irrigation solutions products inform segmenting areas of focus.
- Create the market development and sales plans for specific regions. Lead and manage the implementation of the plan social impacts and market share in Tanzania. This will be done primarily through:
- Creating partnerships with International and local NGOs, UN organizations like FAO and World Food program, Government, Out-growers, and other stakeholders.
- Proper selection, development, and management of a distributorship network
- Manage, coach, and develop capacity of staff reporting to the position, and staff of the private sector distributors.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of the organization’s activities, finances, and social impacts.
- Ensure that Kickstart International activities are in sync with the legislative and statutory requirements of the country of operation.
- At all times conduct risk assessment and advise the Country Director on the possible exposures and right mitigation in a timely manner to avoid litigations/unnecessary costs.
- Understand and articulate all the policies of Kickstart International to all stakeholders to ensure clarity and full compliance to the same.
- Ensure prudent management of Kickstart International resources as the custodian.
- Manage seamlessly the operational issues of the organization involving Sales staff in Tanzania, relationships between KickStart Internal activities and Distributors’ needs.
- Targets are met at least possible cost and inconvenience to Kickstart International, Distributors and Customers acquiring the pumps. Partnerships Fuction
- Develop and implement a comprehensive partnership strategy for the Tanzania market, aligned with the organization’s overall business objectives and growth targets.
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of our current and future ongoing efforts in advancing our key strategic focus areas.
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management
- Identify and source partnership opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and client visits
- Research partners, identify key players and generate interest
- Collaborate with senior management and other marketing teammates to align our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
- Negotiate and finalize deals in accordance with organization’s contract guidelines and policies
- Deliver a great experience to our partners when working with our organization – you will represent our brand and be our partners’ liaison internally
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with partners, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
- Keep a great ongoing relationships with current partners and offer new ways to grow the partnership.
- Responsible for setting a scalable and sustainable growth model for KickStart in Tanzania.
- Optimize KickStart economic sustainability in the Tanzania and support fundraising activities.
- Regular market assessment and pro-active development of country specific sales and marketing plans with Senior Partnerships and Development officers
- Representatives and distributors to maximize sales and impacts in the country. This includes sales plans, pricing policies, and promotional plans for Tanzania.
- Actively promote products through product demonstrations, product support and training of distributors, customers, and influencers.
- Actively manage partner and distributor accounts in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop and manage the operations budget for this program and provide monthly updated sales forecast.
- Program design and implementation using tactical marketing initiatives.
- Establish an annual and long-term Business Plan.
- Open country partnership programs and/or B2B programs in a variety in Tanzania and design and implement the relevant model.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support to the partnership staff in the country.
- Prepare monthly work plans and monthly reports.
- Compile and collect monthly end user data for impact monitoring.
- Perform any other official duties within the key performing criteria as may be assigned to you.
- Ensuring all his direct repartees use the provided CRM tool to capture all their engagements real time.
Key Performance Criteria
- Impact and sales targets
- Creation of partnerships.
- Develop an effective supply chain in Tanzania.
- Ensure collection of end user data of Moneymaker pumps in Tanzania.
- Effective management of budgets.
- A team that is ethical, team-work oriented and high performing.
- Resources Mobilization / Fund raising efforts.
- Effective sales team management . Use of CRM
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Agronomy, Sales and marketing or any other related field.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Sales and Marketing , partnerships, acquisition, or related roles.Experience in the Agricultural sector will be an added advantage.
- Proven record of accomplishment of success in driving growth and revenue through partnerships and engagements in B2B, B2C, B2B2C, and B2SME environments.
- Excellent understanding of the agricultural market in Tanzania preferred.
- Excellent business presentation skills
- People Management Experience – managing, mentoring, developing people and a high performing team.
- Financial management experience – develop and manage operating plans and budgets.
- Strong self-starting mentality with experience in building and developing high-performing sales and partnership teams.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience in using data and analytics to inform sales strategy and decision-making
- Passion for working with farmers and making a positive impact on people’s lives.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Entrepreneurial/business and commercial acumen skills.
- Strong creative, innovative strategic, organizational, and personal negotiation skills.
- A highly organized self-starter with a positive attitude and curiosity.
- Excellent analytical, logical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to adapt or change to new situations and uncertainty and capable of dealing with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a fast-growing organization in stressful situations.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
- A confident negotiator with the ability to ‘close the deals.’
- Hands-on problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions and interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Ability to work in transparent collaboration with the project and technical teams.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms, including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Proven ability to drive and grow business revenue.
- Commitment to Kickstart’s core values
How to apply:
Persons of all gender, race, sex, orientation, age, and identity are encouraged to apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is closed, though early applications are strongly encouraged. If you believe you meet the attributes and skills above, please submit your application to email@example.com latest by 15th August 2023.