Support and create interfaces for Core Banking Systems (CBS) and be responsible for resolving incidents at a Level 2 in the back-end Core Banking Application systems.
Support End of Day (EOD) operators and coordinate Level 3 support issues for all back-end Core Banking Application systems with offshore support teams for proactive and active support.
- Create Web Interfaces (API) for Applications to connect to Core Banking Applications.
- Coordinate project groups and manage business demands to ensure that new systems solutions are sound and support the Bank’s priorities including technical coding and implementation of products.
- Responsible for Level 2 issues related to all Core applications and act as DevOPS support for applications which have been developed in-house from NMB Internal development team.
- Responsible for Architecture System Design for all applications developed and ones connecting to Core Banking Systems.
- Responsible in different sprints of the Project in any software development phase which at the end touch connection with Core Banking Application.
- Support of day-by-day operations & performance of Core Banking System (CBS)
- Automate back-office operations using third party systems through the Core Banking system.
- Provide 2nd level technical support for CBS queries & incidents
- Liaise with CBS Level 2/3 support teams to report incidents and ensure that relevant solutions are implemented both onsite and offshore.
- Manage external service providers to ensure that developments are implemented according to project group requirements and contractual agreements.
- Provide expert advice on Core Banking Systems and contribute to the unit’s objectives.
- Responsible for User Acceptance Testing on testing of Core Banking changes.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge in Linux Systems Support and Administration
- Knowledge in creating and supporting scalable Enterprise applications.
- A good understanding of Operating System software and computer hardware, preferably Unix/Linux or Solaris.
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL) using RDBMS databases like MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL or Oracle.
- Conversant with current and emerging technology trends in areas such as Robotic Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning
- Programming languages, preferably Java, Python and PL/SQL.
- Interpersonal skills; Teamwork; Good communication skills; Attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Information technology/Computer Engineering or related field
- Certifications in Linux/UNIX is added advantage.
- Certifications in Database management e.g., Oracle will be added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in software development, DevOps support or Core Banking System
- System Administration experience with proven capability to interact with IT resources (Infrastructure, IT architect, Risk system specialists) and Business departments.
- Experience in Core Banking software technical management, working with development and support of Banking systems.