Job SummaryTo provide data analysis, report generation (MIS), data cleansing/ownership to support Consumer Banking.
Retail MI Performance Analyst
- Prepare and circulate all in country Retail daily MIS with appropriate commentaries to all stake holders
- Collate and analyse Retail performance Monthly data with appropriate commentary and recommendations to drive exceptional business performance.
- Analyse monthly OSAB and Vintage analysis of LG Performance and payments.
- Assist Retail Analyst to provide accurate and timely analysis of the Retail business performance, aimed at identifying root causes of variances to budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain a clear and objective view of business performance through accurate monthly flash/ forecast, (Dashboards)
- Analyse monthly P&L reports from finance to identify any anomalities and income leakages.
- Analyse, provide feedback and update on different sales campaigns.
- Assist Retail Analyst to Analyse Retail performance on identifying appropriate drivers to establish revenue opportunities and cost savings.
- Assist Retail Analyst for planning, analyzing, synthesizing, and reporting on Retail profitability.
- Prepare analysis of current forecasts RAF, STP and MTP.
- Provide support to Retail Managers in the development of budgets and financial plans.
- Develop reports for forecasting, trends, and analyse results.
- Management Information; forecasting, commentary, ad-hoc advice and queries
- Analysing financials for products segments and income and cost analysis.
Risk and Control Objective
- In the event of major issues in the business unit, act as crisis coordinator and allocate tasks to the crisis teams.
- Review the risk and compliance profiles of the business unit on a regular basis and provide consultative support to the Managing Director on changes that are required to rebalance risk and reward where required.
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgment and responsible risk management.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory changes and have the ability to articulate the impact to the Business, be well informed on the industry thinking.
- All mandatory training completed to deadline.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Excellent numeric skills including meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills especially verbal
- Listening and questioning skills
- Good PC skills, especially on the numerical side
- Customer Focus
- Winning together
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
(Relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role. May include knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies)
- Strong analytic skills
- Good numerical skills for calculation of statistics, figures and targets
- Computer literate (particularly MS Excel, SQL and PowerPoint)
- Business planning and analysis
- Communication skills both written and oral
Knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies and/or other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role:
- A comprehensive knowledge of Absa’s products and systems that support them, and a good understanding of Absa Group products.
- A good understanding of product offerings in the wider financial services industry.
- An understanding of customer segmentation theory and practice.
- Absa strategy and policies
- Good knowledge of consumer buying behaviour, marketing techniques and evolving trends
- A detailed understanding of industry, advisory, regulatory and professional bodies
- A good understanding of legislation related to financial services and channel delivery
- A good knowledge of constructing reports, executive summaries and briefs
Other requirements specific to the role:
- Able to deal professionally, confidently and effectively with staff at all levels, internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to keep abreast of industry changes in both the business and marketing environments
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Project management
- Time management and personal organisation
- Chartered Institute of banking diploma or other recognised banking qualification
- PC skills in Microsoft office, excel and word packages or equivalent
- Research methodology
- Campaign/advertising management
- Absa Product Training
The successful candidate will attend an induction attachment with the Central Product/ Performance Analysis Teams and also some on-site support from an experienced Product Manager and Performance Analyst.
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to strict and tight deadlines on a wide range of tasks
- Able to keep abreast of developments in the business and financial services environment
- Appreciate changes in technology and delivery channels and their impact on the financial services environment
- Occasional Business travel locally and regionally.
Key Issues over the next 6 months
- Implementation of the 3G product set, including training and post implementation support
- Support Retail Expansion plans
- Business Performance review
- Some knowledge of competitive products and processes
- High school Certificate with Credit in Math and English
- Minimum of certificate level in relevant field
- Influencing and Negotiating
- Selling Skills
Additional criteria qualities
- Passion for the Digital Channels performance
- Honesty and integrity
- Take responsibility for personal development
Absa Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths