Born with a mission to make a change, Axia HR is a well-trusted recruitment and staffing consultancy based in Tanzania. Our office is based in Dar es Salaam, City Centre, and we provide services anywhere across East Africa. As the largest city in East Africa and the 7th Largest city in Africa. Dar es Salaam is the fastest-growing city in Africa and is a hub for professionals and businesses alike, which makes the workforce an ideal one.
Assistant Accountant Job at Axia HR
Searching for a motivated Accounting Assistant who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. Accounting Assistant is required to assist the Accounting department with data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports. He/ She should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
To be a successful Accounting Assistant, you should have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as MS Excel or QuickBooks. As well as being trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
- Assist the Accountant in preparing financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Conduct regular financial reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
Perform general ledger entries and journal postings, including accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns
Providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing mail, etc.
Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in person.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with relevant work experience.
- CPA certification and experience in using the Tally system are considered advantageous.
- Proficiency in using computers and bookkeeping software, including strong typing skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in the retail industry.
- Proficient in using accounting software and Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Excellent time management and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and software such as Tally and QuickBooks.
- Professional demeanor and a strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask effectively and maintain motivation and a positive attitude.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately within the scope of the job description.